Inhaling purified air is our inherent right. We got made up to do so. From time to time, we have made our atmosphere a hell to be. Our inherent power (purified air) is now severely contaminated, which has become hazardous to our lives. Not only the officials, but we citizens also need to be more active in the making our mother nature a pure place to live in again. However, until we create a refined atmosphere still, we would require some gadget or machine to provide us fresh and purified air to breathe in. The polluted and contaminated air is affecting our health every day, which is now even giving us health hazard signals.
Delhi and NCR are witnessing the worst-case scenario of air pollution from quite a few years now. The last quarter of every year shows the worst AQI (Air Quality Index) to us, which has crossed the mark of 1000 in 2019. Nothing can be worse than this. Schools, colleges, many offices got instantly shut down due. People were not only breathing polluted air, but the smog can even get witnessed with eyes to our nearest. This situation is alarming for us to take care of ourselves and our environment very fast.
Top 10 Air Purifiers in India
Mi 2S Vertical Air Purifier
- OLED display; Laser particle sensor
- Allergen and Odour free
- CADR of 310m³/hr
- Remote app control
- 360-degree air intake with 3-layer filtration
- Three different modes to choose from (Auto, Night and Manual)
- OLED display (shows real-time PM2.5 concentration, temperature and humidity, wi-wi-fi connection and working mode)
- Energy efficient
- Power consumption: 29 watts
After launching several budget-friendly mobile phones, Mi (Xiaomi) has now brought up its range of air purifiers. The Mi 2S vertical air purifier is one of its most excellent products. It comes with a 3-layer filtration pre-filter, H11 grade HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter. The pre-filters layer removes airborne particles, HEPA filtration layer removes micron-sized particles, and harmful bacteria and Carbon filtration remove formaldehyde, other toxic substances. With a moderate power consumption of 29 watts, it is one of the energy-efficient products.
This purifier from Mi comes with and without the Eco Dot. The one with an eco dot can be controlled with Alexa, whereas the one without eco dot can get controlled using a dedicated app. Equipped with a high CADR of 310m3/hr, it can purify an ideal room up to 37 sq. in 10 minutes.
One of its other features includes a high-precision layer sensor that is capable of detecting even 0.3m. It also comes with a led display, which shows real-time air quality. With an auto-control, it can adjust the brightness according to the ambient lighting of the room.
This product comes, including an air purifier, a screen, and a power cable.
AGARO Pure-Wave 45W Air Purifier, True Hepa Filter, Real-Time Air Quality
- Pure HEPA Filter with a filtration efficiency of 99.95% for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- Digital Touch Display (Shows real-time air quality indicators, Temperature, and Child Lock)
- 360 Degree Air intake with 7 Layer Filtration I 3 Speed Modes I Remote Control
- High CADR of 260 m3/h
- Coverage- Up to 645 Sqft
- Power: 45 watts
The AGARO pure-wave 45w air purifier is suitable for both home and office. It can catch even the smallest pollutants from the air, such as pollen, pet hairs, lint blocks, and tiniest dust particles. This model from AGARO 3D airflow technology has drawn in all the contaminants. It provides fresh air up to 260m3/h(CADR). The PM2.5 sensor displays real-time air quality.
This air purifier comes with an activated carbon pre-filter that absorbs Gases, odors, and VOCs. Its HEPA filter captures 99.7% of the particles that pass through while releasing fresher and cleaner air to breathe.
This air purifier from AGARO claims to clean and refresh your indoor air in just 10 minutes. This purifier offers you the display that can change color depending upon the indoor air quality. This product includes features like adjustable fan speed, smart auto, and sleep mode. It comes with an accessible remote control.
This product comes, including an air purifier, filter, and a power cord.
KENT ALPS 55-Watt Air Purifier
- Arrest ant (HEPA) filter type + Air Ionizer
- Coverage area: 463 sq. ft.
- suitable for bedroom/living room (large)
- Proven HEPA technology along with ionizer
- It’s carbon filter are specially designed with specially sized pallets for better adsorption properties
- Inbuilt Filter Change Alarm
- inbuilt Intelligent Light Sensor
- It has also provided one touch child lock feature
- Power consumption- 55 watts
The KENT ALPS air purifier comes with an advanced HEPA filter technology that can remove PM 2.5 air pollutants up to 99.90%. These filters come with also kills bacteria from the air with its anti-bacterial coating. The activated carbon filters remove foul odor, formaldehyde, smoke, pet hairs, and other pollutants found at homes and workplaces.
This product from KENT uses an in-built ionizer that works in improving the freshness of your indoor air. It has three different timer setting 2 hours, 4 hours, and 6 hours which enable you to set it accordingly to your need.
With an intelligent light sensor and one-touch child lock feature, it gives enough safety. It is suitable for large-sized rooms with a coverage area ranging 463 sq. Ft
This product comes, including an air purifier only.
Mi Air Purifier 2C with True HEPA Filter
- True HEPA Filter with a filtration efficiency of 99.97 percent for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- Efficient filtration with 360 degree air intake.
- Best in class CADR of 350 m3/h
- Effective Coverage Area of up to 452 Square feet
- Real-time air quality indicator
- DIY (Do It Yourself) Filter change
- One button control for smooth operation
- Auto mode
- Power: 29 watts
After ruling over a variety of electronics market Mi (Xiaomi) has come up with one of the best air purifiers. The Mi 2C air purifier comes with right HEPA filter that are known to filter 99.7% pollutant particles, including even the size up to 0.3 microns. It offers one of the best dual filtration technologies with CADR (350 m3/hr) while assuring coverage of 452 square feet.
An ideal product is suitable for the living room, bedroom, and even office cabins. It comes with a one-button control feature for a smooth experience. It comes with an AQI display that examines the air quality and shows the real-time purification labels.
Being of the most power-efficient air purifier, it consumes a maximum power up to 29watts. Its DIY filter change is a unique feature on its own that would require you to change the filter every two months.
This product comes, including an air purifier and a filter.
Philips AC2887/20 High-Efficiency Air purifier
- High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 441 sq. ft,
- suitable for bedroom/living room (large)
- Air quality sensor(s): Aerasense PM2.5 sensor
- 333 m3/hr CADR
- Sound level: 20.5-51 dB(A
- Aera Sense Technology: Real-time PM 2.5 measurement and display with professional-grade sensing technology
- Auto modes for detecting pollution, allergen, and bacteria/virus
- 100 percent ozone free,
- Power Wattage: 60 watts
Philips is always known for making one of the finest electronics. This Philips AC2887/20 high-efficiency air purifier comes with 3 stage automatic purification settings i.e., General Mode, Extra Sensitive Allergen Mode, Extra Powerful Virus mode. Its two combination filter i.e., active carbon filter and Nano Protect HEPA filter technology, effectively remove ultrafine particles, TVOC, Odour, and formaldehyde.
This purifier comes with CADR of 333 m3/hr that can cover up to 441 sq. Ft. Its PM 2.5 real-time indicator and color ring displays indoor air quality. The purifier can turn down into silent mode to allow comfortable sleep. The light on the UI and AQI can dim to avoid disturbance.
This product comes, including an air purifier and a filter.
Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 Air Purifier
- Air Purifier Coverage Area: 355 sq.
- Most Suitable for Large Room
- CADR: 303 cubic m3/hr.
- Its specialized dust sensors automatically optimizes Air Quality
- Multi-Layered HEPA Filter, Pre-Filter, Patented Urethane Carbon Filter
- Unique dust sense technology
- One Touch AirSpeed Adjustment: Four Speed Steps (1-3, Turbo)
- Real-Time Air Quality Indicator with four indication: Clean, Low Pollution, Medium Pollution, High Pollution
- Longest HEPA Filter Life: 8500 hours
- Power Consumption: 38 Watts.
- BAF certified purifying technology
Coway is a Korean company that is famously known worldwide for its air purifiers. Eight units of Conway air purifiers are known to sell out every minute. The Coway sleek pro-AP-1009 is suitable for large bedrooms. The CADR 303m3/hr delivers pure air to rooms up to 350 sq. Ft. It comes with a unique green Anti-Flu HEPA filter that gets made up of ginko. Ginko is a herb which is known to destroy PM 2.5 particles and various other pollutants and viruses.
This purifier works on 3 stage filtration process: pre-filter that removes heavy pollutants and large dust. The patented Urethane Carbon filter removes lousy odor and harmful gases and a multi-layer HEPA filter to eliminate PM 2.5 particles.
The Coway air purifier works come with a dust sense technology that controls the airflow system. The air purifier comes with user-friendly features such as airspeed and filters replacement. It’s one-touch airspeed control, and mood lamp adjustable are some other useful features.
This product comes, including an air purifier, a pre-filter, a patent urethan carbon filter, a green anti-flu HEPA filter, and a power cord.
Honeywell Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier
- real-time PM2.5 meter by Honeywell
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) – 300 cubic m/hr offers up to 36 Sq.m coverage area
- For large spaced area (bedroom and living room)
- Three-stage advanced filtration system with benefits of HI Siv and HEPA filter technology
- It has washable pre-filter to eliminate larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil, etc
- Completely ‘Ozone Free’ Air Purifier.
- Approximately 3000 hours of filter life if used 8 hours daily.
- Laser sensors
The Honeywell air touch i8 air purifier comes with a CADR of 300 cubic m3/hr that is capable of covering 387 sq. Ft. Its 3D airflow specially designed for optimized circulations. The air purifier displays a real-time PM2.5 level and is known to be 100% ozone free.
The Honeywell i8 purifier has an ultra-durable polycarbonate body with an ultimate finish. It has multiple vents to suck in all the air pollutants.
It filters longevity and consumes minimal power making it an energy-efficient product. The product gets equipped with a pre-filter that improves the life span of its filters by removing significant pollutants. Its filters can last for nine months if used for 8 hours daily.
This product comes, including an air purifier and a filter.
Best air purifiers in India (High budget air purifier)
Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier, TP03 (White/Silver)
- Automatically removes 99.95% of allergens & pollutants as small as 0.1 microns with its intelligent purification system
- Air Multiplier technology and oscillation feature
- project and circulate purified air in large spaces indoor (master bedroom and living area)
- lower face velocity
- VACUUM SEALED 360° Glass HEPA Filter
- Tris-coated Activated Carbon Filter
- easy scheduling, ten air-speed settings, auto mode, night-time mode, sleep timer, and an easy-to-clean aperture with no fast-spinning blades
- Certified by AAFA
The DYSON pure cool link tower TPO3 is counted amongst one of the finest and powerful air purifiers as it is known to eliminate pollutants as small as PM 0.1. It gets equipped with one of the most critical technologies, like High-efficiency HEPA filter and low face velocity. Air forced into filters through face velocity, which is an essential part of air cleaning.
The DYSON TPO3 air purifier comes with a multi air technology that regulates clean and fresh air through indoors. It kills over 99.90% dust and pollutant particles from your indoor air. It has equipped with H-13 HEPA filters that densely packed with borosilicate microfibres.
Apart from being a great product, it also is a mobile-friendly device. This product senses the temperature and air quality and then sends a report to your Dyson mobile app. It provides features such as night mode, adjustable noise level, and panel light for a peaceful sleep.
This product includes an air purifier and a remote.
Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier (Advanced Technology), wi-fi & Bluetooth Enabled, Tower TP04
- Auto senser and report feature for all air quality levels on both the LED screen and Dyson Link App in real-time
- 360 degrees Glass HEPA Filter technolgy
- Tris Impregnated Activated Carbon
- Patented Air MultiplierTM technology
- 350 degrees oscillation
- Suitable for medium to large size rooms with a coverage area of up to 600 sq.ft.
- Power consumption – 40W
- Certified by AAFA
- Diffused mode, ten-speed settings, Auto mode, Night mode, Sleep timer, wi-fi & Bluetooth enabled
- Easy filter change with notification on the app / LCD screen when any of the filters need replacement.
DYSON offers some of the best air purifiers in India. The Dyson pure fresh air purifier TP04 has a CADR of 1300 m3/hr that covers up an area of 600 sq. Feet. This product comes with an auto-sensor that senses and reports air quality on the LED screen and Dyson link app in real-time. Its features include air multiplier technology that projects powerful airflow up to 360lt/sec.
The Dyson TP04 360 Degree Vacuum-fixed Glass HEPA can catch up to 99.95% allergens and pollutants as little as 0.1 microns, with a tris-impregnated Activated Carbon Filter that disposes of different gases and VOCs. Its night mode feature helps it operate with minimal display and sound. The Dyson app link notifies whenever its filters are needed to get changed. This product enabled with WIFI and Bluetooth.
This product comes, including an air purifier, a filter, and remote control.
Philips AC3256/20 air purifier
- Vita shield Intelligent purification system
- CADR of 393 m3/hour
- Ideal for room area- 333-505 sq. Ft.
- Aera Sense monitors and displays real-time numerical PM 2.5 levels with professional-grade sensing technology
- With AL auto mode feature that removes allergens
- Removes 99.90% bacteria and viruses, pollens, house mist, tested to remove H1N1 virus
Philips claims to be the number 1 air purifier brand in India. Though with a lot of superior options available, we can say Philips as no. 1, it inevitably comes in the top 10 air purifiers in India. The Philips AC3256/20 air purifier gets supremely designed for big sized rooms (master bedroom or living area). It comes with a CADR of 393m3/hr covering up an area of about 505 sq. Ft.
The Area sense (professional grade sensing) technology detects and displays PM 2.5 at with color ring on a real-time basis. Area sense technology is known to detect slightest changes in indoor air quality.
This model from Philips comes with HEPA filtration and Vita shield intelligent purification system, which deliver superior purification by removing ultra-fine particles as tiny as 20nm. This reduces TVOCs, Odour, formaldehyde, and other harmful gases. Its features, include healthy air protect alert alarms the user at the time of filtration change. This appliance specially tested to remove H1N1 virus along with pollen, dust, bacteria and other pollutants
This product comes including an air purifier and a filter.
Now before we jump into the air purifier’s buying guide, we must first know what an air purifier is? How does it work? And why is it essential to have an air purifier at home?
What is an air purifier?
An air purifier is an appliance that purifies and cleans the air by removing its pollutants and contaminants such as smoke, pet hairs, dust, harmful gasses, and several other floating impurities. It allows you to breathe fresh air indoor.
How does it work?
The air purifier appliance comes with a purification system installed in it. It uses a system of fans to pull the air through a layer of active filters that are capable of removing almost 99% of pollutants and other harmful elements. After this, the purifier release and circulate fresh air to every corner of your room.
Its several filtration stages remove all the impurities one after the other and even pollutants as small as 0.3 or even 0.1 microns. The filters installed in the air purifier needs to get changed after some time. This air filtration process keeps repeating to keep your indoor air healthy and safe to breathe.
Why is it essential to have an air purifier at home?
The air inside our houses is equally impure as the air outdoor, if not more. While air pollution is rising these days, it is no safer to stay indoors and breathe. Air purifiers does not guarantee protection from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The indoor air is equally worst due to many factors. These factors include:
- The products we use in our daily life such as, deodorants, insect replant spray, room fresheners, and talcum powders contain contaminated chemicals which are harmful to us when exhaled.
- The incense stick and carbon, which we light up for spiritual beliefs, release hydrocarbons leaving the atmosphere polluted.
- Animal hairs release airborne allergens, and pollen present in the air makes it entirely wrong for us to exhale.
The list of indoor pollutants is countless and does not end here. All the above factors are enough for us to have an air purifier at home. Air purifiers are indoors making sure to:
- Clean and purify the indoor air.
- It traps airborne allergens
- It removes dust and neutralizes smoke.
- Air purifiers remove harmful toxins and gases.
All in all, air purifiers are essential for our health. They work as a lung savior appliance in today’s time. Before you get severely affected with the deadly contaminated air, you must invest in any of the air purifiers listed in this article. Air purifiers would cost you less than a long and massive hospital bill, along with leaving a break in your health.
An ultimate buyer’s guide for air purifiers
Now, as we have thoroughly discussed the top 10 air purifiers in India as well as the best air purifiers for Delhi pollution, we need to know some important aspects before purchasing one.
As air purifiers have become a necessity, there’s no doubt that every company will try its best to launch and present a variety of such appliances in the market. Now before you buy an air purifier, there’s a lot of essential aspects that you should look before. These factors are as follow:
- ROOM SIZE –Every air purifier gets designed for working in rooms of a specific size. Buying an air purifier suitable for your room is quite an essential factor. Make sure you scale your room and choose the purifier accordingly. Small room area – up to 160 sq. Ft, medium room area – up to 300 sq. ft, and ample room area – up to 500 sq. Ft.
- An air purifier that is suitable for small rooms in a big living room or so can lead to wrong results. They may not work ideal for larger spaces. One should opt the following sized purifiers accordingly to the area they have:
- Small rooms – mini-tower or desktop
- Medium rooms – tower
- Large rooms – tower or console
- PRICE AND BUDGET– As there are a variety of air purifiers available in the market, you can opt for any of them depending on your budget. We have mentioned purifiers for small, mid, and even high price range in the article. Apart from the air purifiers cost also lookout in the cost filter replacement annually.
- ENERGY/POWER CONSUMPTION– Air purifiers something that is required to get operated throughout the day. In such a case, opt for the purifiers from the list mentioned that consumed less power comparatively.
- ACR – ACR stands for air change per hour. This factor is crucial to the thought of before buying a purifier. The ACH ratings display the amount of air exchanged in your room per hour. For example, if your room-sized 150 sq. Ft with the purifier posting ACH rating of 5, this shows the capability of the purifier exchanging air five times per hour in the room.
- NOISE – The appliance with higher fan speed creates more sound. It is imperative to go for an air purifier that creates low or minimal noise for a peaceful living.
These were the human factors that are important to look before you get an air purifier. However, there are particular types of such appliances available in the market for tackling a variety of pollution levels. For that, we need to get aware of such terms that are related to the air purification system.
Important terms related to air pollution and air purification
You will come across these terms every time you go through an article online or in the newspaper or even when you visit sites like amazon to look after air purifiers. These terms are as following:
- PM 2.5– This is the most common term you have gone through if ever you read an article in the newspaper. Even the papers in Delhi and NCR have a dedicated column for daily air pollution that consist of the term PM 2.5. PM 2.5 is the small particles present in the air that, when rises, causing the sky to appear hazy. These particulate matters (PM) have even less diameter than 2.5 micrometers. Such particles are not visible to human eyes but are still present in our atmosphere. They can severely harm our lungs and other body parts when inhaled daily.
2.5 is also produced indoor with some everyday activities like smoking, and cooking, lighting camphor, fragrance sticks, and burning coal, oil lamps, and fuel heaters.
- PM 10– These are particulate matter less than or equals to 10 micrometers. These are comparatively bigger as compared to PM 2.5. This particulate matter, too, is not visible to human eyes and cause equal harm to our health if inhaled daily.
Here are the types of filtration technology terms that are commonly known and used in the air purification system. These filtration technologies trap the impure air, filter air, and release out fresh and clean air for us to breath.
- HEPA– The term HEPA commonly mentioned in the air purifiers list in this article. HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate absorption/air/assistance. Its main job is to trap PM2.5 pollutants. HEPA filters are known to remove even 0.3 microns in size. It can remove about 99.97% of contaminants present in the air. They are highly effective than any other filtration technology until now. All the air purifiers that we have mentioned have HEPA filtration technology in them.
- PRE-FILTERS– Pre-filters are either made of foam or some sort of polyester material that traps large dust particles such as pet hairs dust and abundant pollen. In other words, pre-filters generally catch PM10. These filters usually work as the first line of defense to resist air impurities.
- ACTIVATED CARBON FILTERS– The activated carbon filters work in trapping the VOCs (volatile organic compounds), harmful gases, and odour. It catches the following compounds and neutralizes them. A pound of activated carbon can cover up to the area from 50-150acres. You would need to replace these activated carbon filters once they are full of impurities. Larger carbon filters give better performance.
- ION AND OZONE GENERATORS– Ion and ozone generators create charged particles and release them into the atmosphere to cling down the impurities. This causes the contaminants and pollutants to fall on the ground because of their weight. However, inhaling ozone is not suitable for health, and its presence in the atmosphere does equal harm to our environment.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Do air purifiers genuinely deliver what they claim?
Yes, air purifiers clean the polluted and impure air around us. Every air purifier you look for has a specified filtration system installed in it that works to purify the indoor air.
2. Are air purifiers essential to us?
If you live in the most polluted cities of India like Delhi and NCR, then air purifiers are essential more than anything for you. Breathing fresh air is even more important than having good food. The rising air pollution can cause hazardous situations like severe illness and death. Under such circumstances, it is essential to have an air purifier at indoors if you are staying at any of the polluted cities in India.
3. When should the purification filters get replaced?
The filters are needed to get replaced once they get damaged. In case if you use air purifier 8 hours per day, your filters will work sufficiently for a year. However, if you stay in places like Delhi or Gurgaon, you might need to replace the filters more frequently. The more polluted air is, the faster filters need to get replaced.
4. Can we replace the filters on our own?
The filters get replaced by the servicing employee of every company. However, some of the air purifiers have a DIY filter change system that allows changing the air filters on your own quickly.
5. What is the main thing to look for before buying an air purifier?
The most important aspect of looking in an air purifier is its filtration technology. We would recommend you go for the air purifier, which at least has a three-stage purification system.
6. Is having an air purifier an expensive purchase?
No, not at all. There is a variety of air purifiers available in the market that are very light to the pocket. These air purifiers are very powerful despite being less in price. All the air purifiers come with a maintenance and filtration change exchange that you would have to bear.
7. What are the best air purifiers available under 10,000 in India?
Air purifier 2C, Mi air purifier 2S, and Kent ALPS 55W air purifier are some of the appliances that are available under 10,000 on amazon. You can check our list above for the same.
How can we control indoor air pollution?
Air purifiers are essential for us nowadays to breathe clean air. Though one must still always try to do things to reduce air pollution. If we don’t wake up now, our cities will soon become a hell to live. We can do the following items to reduce air pollution:
- Quit smoking. You can start by avoiding it if not quitting at once. This will help not only our environment but also your health.
- Avoid using camphor’s and fragrance sticks that are some of the causes of air pollution.
- You can entirely quit or lessen the use of deodorant spray, perfumes, talc, room fresheners, oil diffuser, insect repellent spray, and similar products that defuse harmful gasses into the atmosphere.
- Lessen the use of air conditioners and cars. Though you may find it stupid even to think this once you choose their alternatives like public transport or water coolers, it may help our environment surely.
- Lesser use of plastic. The plastic we use is after that burned to dispose of. It is the burning of plastic that causes the formulation of severe harmful gases.
- Last but the most important thing we must surely pledge to do is planting trees. Individuals who have space should plant trees on their premises. People with small houses can bring in indoor plants that promote oxygen. A single tree or oxygen plant you may contribute will give you back fresh and bright air to breath.
We have tried to list the best air purifiers for Indian atmosphere in our list. You can choose any of them depending on your budget without a second thought. All of the air purifiers mentioned in the list here are available on amazon.in. We have also provided you a direct link for all of them. We have tried to make this article helpful in every aspect and hope you find it as same. In case of any queries, questions and feedback, please leave your comment down below.