Long, straight, silky, and smooth hair are what every woman desire for but not everyone gets them naturally. They suit every attire, be it Indian or Western. However, today even though if you have rough, fizzy, curly, or coarse hair, you can style them correctly to gets a straightened hair look. If you belong to the group of individuals with curly, wavy, and coarse hair, a hair straightener is a perfect styling tool for you. Within just a couple of minutes, you can attain a silky and smooth hairstyle just by yourself.
Investing in the right quality hair straightener is not only suitable for styling, but it also keeps your hair healthy. A high-quality hair straightener protects your hair from excessive heat damage as well as maintains your styling for a longer time. So, to make the right choice, we have brought you all the relevant and necessary information about a hair straightener. Or if you are still confused, you can also choose one from our list of 8 Best Hair Straighteners at home in India.
List of Best Hair Straightener in India 2021
Below are some high-performing and best-reviewed hair straighteners for 2020.
Philips HP8316/00 Kerashine Hair Straightener |Keratin Ceramic Coating
The Philips Kerashine hair straightener hands down give the best straightening result amongst all. Its Keratin-Infused wide ceramic plates have been designed especially for thick and long hair. While covering more hairs in one go, it adds in an optimal shine to them. Philips has incorporated a SilkPro care technology that smoothly glides through your hair with optimized temperature, resulting in less heat exposure and friction.
This Philips hair straightener gets heat up quickly within a minute with an optimal temperature of 210 degrees. It has a 1.8m long swivel cord that provides maximum flexibility to the user. This Kerashine straightener comes with an Ionic care formula that conditions your hair with negatively charged ions. It, as a result, eliminate all the frizz and static, leaving the cuticles shiny and glossy.
Kemei KM-329 Professional Hair Straightener 40W
The Kemei Professional hair straightener is surprisingly an incredible product. It comes with ceramic coated plates that heat up quickly within 30 seconds. This ceramic straightener locks in the moisture and seals the cuticles to ensure a shiny and frizz-free look. Along with this, a 1.6m swivel cord gives you full flexibility and comfort during use.
This Kemei hair straightener comes with 4-level temperature control so that you can adjust between your straightening and styling modes. This feature lets you control the heat; hence you customize the temperature as per the weather and atmosphere around. An LED indicator turns on while the device is on and turns off when plates reach the desired temperature.
Note: If you are under budget, and looking for a straightener with incredible performance, then go for it.
Philips HP8302 Essential Selfie Straightener
The Selfie straightener from Philips is a reliable and high-performing product to own. It reaches 210 degrees just within 60 seconds and gives you a perfect salon-like look. Its ceramic evenly distributes heat to a large section and hold it for a longer time. The SilkPro care formula from Philips ensures straightening with minimal heat exposure and lesser friction while giving you a silky-smooth result.
The powerful tool is compatible to use anywhere in the world with 110-240 V. Along that; a long 1.6m swivel cord gives you flexibility with no tangling while you work with it. This narrow straightener with 19*85 cm plates let you get those beachy curls quickly.
Havells HS4101 Hair Straightener
The Havells has 25*120mm ceramic coated plates that smoothly glides from your roots to tips while eliminating all the frizz. These floating plates adjust according to your hair thickness to avoid pressure and are suitable for everyday use. With an advanced PTC heating element, this straighter heat up within 45 seconds to reach 210 degrees for optimal styling and flawless results.
This sleek designed straightener is suitable for loose curls as well. A 1.8m long power cord with 360-degree swivel gives you the utmost flexibility to move the appliance. With the plate lock system, this is storage safe and travel-friendly gadget. Just slide the lock button in an upward direction to lock and downward to unlock the plates.
Nova NHS 860 Temperature Control Professional Hair Straightener
The Nova professional hair straightener is one such device that you can use in both dry and damp hairs. Its wide titanium build ceramic coated plates are designed specially to cover more full hair sections in one go to get the work done quickly. A combination of titanium plates with Nanosilver technology increased the concentration level of united microparticles for enhanced performance.
This Nova hair straightener can heat up quickly within 30 seconds. It even allows you to control the temperature between 160-degree to 220-degree C according to your hair type and style. Moreover, a 1.8m long swivel cord provides you with the flexibility to move the appliance in any direction for ease of use.
Philips BHS673/00 Mid End hair Straightener
The Philips Mid end hair straightener is primarily for the Indian hair. Its Keratin-infused ceramic plates (105mm) glides smoothly through your hair and provide optimal straightening results. A UniTemp sensor protects your hair strands from unwanted high heat exposure by delivering a consistent styling temperature. It gives you the same high-end results with even a 20-degree lesser heat setting.
Moreover, the Philips split end technology (a combination of ceramic plates and UniTemp sensor) generates minimal friction for split end protection.
This hair straightener from Philips features a digital display with 11 temperature settings that provide an absolute control to the user for a customized experience. Furthermore, a quick 30 seconds heating up, auto-shutoff feature, and Ionic care conditioning add-in for ultimate performance with absolute care.
VEGA (VHSH-18) Adore Hair Straightener
The VEGA hair straightener is one affordable and high-performing hair gadget. It’s 23 mm x 85 mm ceramic coated plate even distributes heat in each hair section while protecting them from severe damage. It heats up within a minute for up to 210-degree C. A power indicator alerts the user while the appliance is on and hence adds in as a safety feature.
You can easily lock (close the plates together) this VEGA hair tool with just a push of a button. This feature adds inconvenience while traveling. Its 360-degree power cord rotated flexibly and prevented unrequired tangles. Furthermore, it is suitable for all hair types to be thick, thin, curly, or wavy.
Braun Satin Hair 3 – ST 310 – Hair Straightener
The Braun satin hair straightener is one intelligent investment in hair tools. It with its 1.5X extra wide ceramic eloxal plates performs and exceptionally smooth gliding over your hair. The Unique floating plates adjust to your hair strands for quick and uniform hair styling. An exceptionally 2m long cable lets you move the device with the utmost flexibility.
This hair straightener from Braun gives you maximum flexibility with its 13 different settings. You can manually control and adjust the temperature regulation with the control knob. It heats up just within 40 seconds and reaches up to 200-degree C. While the temperature touches the maximum it auto shuts off and protects both the appliance and the user.
Best Hair Straightener- Buying Guide
Types of heating plates
Heating plates are the main element of a hair straightener, so they must be made up of good heat-conducting material. To ensure we choose the right one, lets briefly know about the plate materials used in a straightener:
- Ceramic coated plates: One of the most common materials used in many mid-budget hair straighteners. These are a good conductor of heat and heats up quickly and performs well by reducing the friction between the plates. However, the only drawback is that the coating fells off eventually with time, and the inner material (if of low quality) does not heat up evenly after so.
- Titanium plates: It is one of the safest hair materials that can be used in heating plates. It is lightweight, heats up quickly and maintains the temperature for a long time though they are on an expensive side.
- Tourmaline ceramic plates: One of the advanced heating plate material, it works with the combination of ionic and infrared technology that maintains hair health. These plates are most suitable for thin and dull hairs. Also, they work pretty well, even with the lowest heat setting.
- Diamond ceramic plates: Slightly expensive. These are smoother compared to any other heating plate material and provide high results in one single stroke.
- Teflon coated heating plates: Teflon is a non-stick coating that prevents snagging of hairs while the process is on. It is best for curly and frizzy hair.
- Even though the heating plates of a hair straightener comes in several materials but the maximum of them has a ceramic coating over them. Ceramic, as said above, heats up quickly and thus is present in the highest number of hairstyling appliances.
Width of heating plates
Wider the plates, faster the straightening task is done. Similarly, thinner the plates the closer they can work to your scalp. For people with smaller and lite hair, thin plates are the preferable option. They can even let you style your hair with curls and waves.
Likewise, wider heating plates are best for long, thick, curly, and coarse hairs.
Heat & temperature
Most of the hair straightener works best at their top heat setting but not every hair type requires that amount of heat. For short, fine, and thin hair temperature setting around 180-degree C is best suited. Whereas, for long, thick and curly hair temperature settings around 210-220-degree C is a preferable setting. Its recommended to buy a hair straightener with a variable heat setting if you are into daily styling, but for rare users, one with no heat setting also goes well.
Straightener plates with smooth and round edges provide versatility and ease of use. You can even use it for soft or wavy curls.
Ease of handling
For the ones using hair straightener at home, it is imperative to look for a lightweight and easy to use the product. Notice the grip and weight of the appliance before you buy one.
- Heat time: Most of the hair straighteners these days comes with a quick heat-up time of around 30 seconds to 60 seconds. This feature helps you while you are in a hurry.
- Auto shut-off feature: The auto shut-off feature switches off the straightener on its own when you forget to do so for a long time. It adds in as a safety feature as well.
- Dual Voltage: For the ones who frequently travel to various countries, this feature is a must-have one. It allows you to use the device in multiple countries where the voltage acceptance is different than ours.
- LED indicator: LED indicators to alert the user when the appliance is ON, and the heating plates are dangerous to touch. Some of the models even indicate when the temperature reaches its maximum.
- Safety lock: Some of the delicate straightening plates can remain accidentally wide open and end up getting damaged or broke. This is the reason most of the models come with a safety lock button that locks the heating plates tight together.
- Long Swivel cord: This feature is significant to look for. Look for a swivel cord that is at least 1.6m long so that you get the utmost flexibility to use the appliance.
Price and Warranty
There are a lot of cheap and inexpensive but low performing hair straighteners available in the market that looks quite tempting and appealing. This inexpensiveness often fools the consumers. We recommend you to not go after those decent looking 400-600 Rs but learn and read about the ones that genuinely perform well.
Also, make sure the one you buy is from a reputed brand and offers at least 1-2 years of warranty.
Some Pro and Useful tips one must know about before using a hair straightener
- Always use a thermal/heat protectant before you start with straightening your hair. Avoid oil-based heat protectants.
- Before you start, divide your hair into several sections and take one small part at a time for styling.
- Make sure your hair is completely dry as not all straighteners are good with wet hair.
- Brush your hairs well before starting.
- Do not start until the heating plates are completely hot.
- With curly hairs, a rough blow dry before straightening will give you the best results.
- Start from the back and move towards forward while styling. Take a second helping hand for a more precise look.
- For a more defined look apply a styling spray after you complete the straightening process.
Heat may no doubt damage our hairs, but a right hair straightener will minimize the damaging effect. Our top pick is the Philips HP8316/00 Kerashine Hair Straightener. We recommend it because it has wide heating plates, Keratin like smoothing results, exciting features, with ease & flexibility of use. Though it is a little on the expensive side, if you are looking for the quality it is a must invest appliance for you.
This was all for the Best Hair Straightener at home in India. After in-depth research and study, we have tried to incorporate a few of the best performing models in our list. Though, this time we haven’t kept the price into consideration, still you can find some incredibly affordable ones in our list too.