No one resists themselves when it comes to eating. People love to eat and try new and tasty recipes. Rice is the staple crop of India and it also the world’s largest producers of rice. Indians are obsessed with the various rice dishes, be it simple plain white rice, pulao, biryani, khichdi etc. India also grows variety of rice types and with this there are variety of cuisines.
Cooking is a passion for many but when it comes to cook rice, you might be wondering the best way to do it. There are number of ways to cook rice, like pressure cooker, microwave, instant pot, rice cooker etc.
Here in this article we will be discussing about how to cook rice in pressure cooker and rice cooker.
How to cook rice in Pressure Cooker:
Making white rice is so comfortable and convenient in pressure cooker. It saves a lot of time and fuel. Check the ingredients you need while cooking rice in a pressure cooker:
- 1 cup rice rinsed properly in water
- 1 1/2 cup water (depending upon type of rice)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt (optional)
- Add the rinsed rice, water, and salt to the pressure cooker. Stir well.
- Lock the lid properly. Select high pressure and cook for one whistle. After the whistle, turn off the flame and let it rest for at least 15- 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and run a fork gently on the rice.
- Your fluffy rice is ready to serve.
How to cook rice in Rice Cooker:
Rice cooker is a new and conventional appliance that is making a space in kitchen nowadays. Check the ingredients you need while cooking rice in a rice cooker:
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- ½ tablespoon of salt (optional)
Some rice cookers have a removable bowl to put rice else you have the option to place rice directly in the cooker.
- Gather all the ingredients and follow the steps to make fluffy rice.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly to remove unwanted particles from it. Some people also prefer to remove broken grains from rice.
- You can also soak rice well before preparing it. For most rice cookers, mix 1-½ to 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice. You can also follow the measurement level inside the bowl for the correct level of water.
- Use a wooden spoon or any other spoon to mix the rice well.
- Check the rice cooker to select a preferable option. Some rice cookers only provide an on and off option. Others has different options for brown or white rice, and some rice cookers offer the choice to cook at a specific time.
- If your cooker has a separate cooking pot, then place the rice on the pot. Close the lid of the cooker and plug it in the cooker.
- Don’t lift the lid to check if the rice is cooked.
- Leave the rice for a few minutes before removing the lid.
- Once there is no water left, you can serve the rice. Break the clumps and release the steam.
Check the note:
- Different rice has a different texture, and so you can get different outcomes after cooking the rice.
- After cooking the rice, there are various ways to eat it. You can serve it plain or make any dish by using it.
Difference between pressure cooker and rice cooker:
Pressure cooker has always been the traditional preference in Indian kitchen. But in the recent time Rice cooker has also entered the market and is gaining popularity. Now both can not only cook rice quickly but are most convenient for modern day lifestyle. See the difference between the cookers-
- A pressure cooker is a steamed vessel to cook food. It has a lid lock system and requires less time and water for cooking. It has a rubber lining lid that helps to trap the steam as you lock the seal.
- A rice cooker has a thermostat, cooking bowl, and heating power in it. It has an automated feature that cooks rice and grains efficiently. A rice cooker keeps the rice warm after cooking is complete. A rice cooker is a very handy kitchen gadget to make rice. It brings the liquid in the rice recipe to boil very quickly.
Benefits of pressure cooker:
- Food retains most of the nutrients
- Saves time and energy in preparing meals
- Less cleaning after cooking is required, as no cooking residue is left behind.
Cooking rice in a pressure cooker is easy and quick. The pressure cooker cooks rice under high temperatures and enormous pressure. You can cook many well-known dishes in a pressure cooker, including veg biryani, plain rice, and other rice dishes. One exciting thing about cooking into a pressure cooker is that you need less water. Once the cooker has come up to pressure, it becomes a sealed environment that does not allow any evaporation.
Benefits of rice cooker:
- Steam vegetables, fish, chicken breast, etc. easily
- Automatic and uniform cooking
- Makes rice non-sticky
- Rice cookers come in different style and size
- Rice cooker comes with different programmable settings
- Cooks rice well
- Easy to use programmable settings
We are fond of food and always love to eat tasty dishes. A rice cooker apart from cooking rice can be used for cooking many other meals like cooker cake, pav bhaji, biryani, pulao, Vegetable khichdi etc.